Microdermabrasion At Home | Is It Really Effective?
Microdermabrasion At Home | Is It Really Effective?
The best foundation you can wear is glowing healthy skin. However, beautiful skin requires commitment and not a miracle. Pollution, unhealthy diet and adulterated food act tough on your skin and are a cause of major derma problems. The foremost techniques of skincare are Rejuvenation and exfoliation but they may end up ripping your pocket badly.
If you want to level-up your skincare regime, microdermabrasion is your one-stop solution. Moreover, the process can easily be done at home. Microdermabrasion at home requires a little effort, some instructions, and a few tools. Well, isn’t that justified for a reconstructed healthy skin?
Microdermabrasion at home
First and foremost, you need to invest in a good at-home microdermabrasion kit or machine. Yes, this can be quite an investment initially but it totally pays off considering the number of usages it would provide. Next, you need to be thorough with the steps and procedures to attain the best results. This requires practice. However, once you grasp the traits of it, you are going to save several bucks and possess the healthiest version of your skin.
Microdermabrasion is done by a special device that exfoliates your skin using microcrystals or a mineral tip. This polishing impact removes impurities and dead skin cells. The body interprets the process as an injury and stimulates the growth of younger, brighter-looking skin. This procedure releases higher levels of elastin and collagen thereby resulting in smoothing the skin’s overall texture and appearance.
Step by step procedure:
- Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser. Preferably use an oil-free cleanser and avoid any harsh cleanser that would render the skin dry making it sensitive for the microdermabrasion process.
- Use a towel to wipe your face. For best results, is essential to dry your face well.
- Gently pull up an area of skin tightly and turn on the microdermabrasion machine.
- Rotate the hand-held device on your skin in an upward circular motion. Ensure to do not more than two such passes at a time.
- Repeat the same process on the rest of your face, neck or other treatment areas.
- After the process of microdermabrasion is completed, use an alcohol-free toner to restore your skin’s pH level.
- Apply essential skin-care oil, lotion or cream to keep your skin hydrated.
- Should there be any redness or itching, apply a mild lotion on the affected area.
If you are interested in buying an at-home microdermabrasion kit, take a look at our Mello Microdermabrasion Kit which is designed to gently remove dead skin cells and stimulate your skin.
Bring the Salon Home & D.I.Y with Mello. Browse through a range of skincare products that provide salon-quality treatments to the comfort of your home.
Benefits of microdermabrasion at home
Microdermabrasion at home might take some effort and time but it is totally worth it. If done properly, it actually has a lot more benefits than an in-office treatment. The following are the Benefits of microdermabrasion at home.
- The process improves the circulation of blood as well as lymphatic circulation within the skin. This improves skin health and renders it nourished and glowing.
- Microdermabrasion at home is comparatively very affordable and inexpensive as compared to a professional treatment at a salon or clinic.
The process has a range of benefits and can be used for multiple skin conditions. They include acne, acne scarring, age spots, dull skin, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles.
- Carrying out microdermabrasion at home can actually save a lot of time and effort. There’s no need to schedule an appointment, you can rather commence at home in accordance with your time and convenience.
- It has the least chances of any side effects at home as the microdermabrasion tool is used exclusively the person or the family.
However, one major misconception is that microdermabrasion causes pain and has side effects on the skin. To your rescue, it actually does not cause pain and is absolutely fine for the skin. It may prompt slight redness or itchiness initially but that just lasts for a few hours and is not at all long term.
Microdermabrasion for acne
Acne is the most common skin problem around the globe. It isn’t just a problem with your skin but a warning sign of serious inner imbalance. The worst part about acne is the nasty scar that it leaves behind. It does not just affect the face but also one’s confidence. Now that’s too much at stake!
The good news is that microdermabrasion works very well on depressed acne scars, which cause pits in the skin. It is also useful for those who deal with active mild-to-moderate breakouts. As per your convenience and needs, you can either have an in-office professional treatment or carry out the process at home.
The professional treatment might ideally take about 5 to 12 sessions. On the other hand microdermabrasion for acne at home would take about 7 to 14 sessions to fetch results. The exact number of sessions needed will depend on the severity of your skin concerns as well as your expectations. Microdermabrasion reviews by several acne-affected users claim a good number of positive responses.
What to expect after microdermabrasion?
After almost every treatment, one is asked to take a break from work and some other activities. Microdermabrasion is one such process that requires little to no downtime. You should be able to resume your daily activities instantly.
Make sure to keep your skin hydrated with essential oils or cream and you are good to go. Avoid using any acne-treatment product initially and protect your skin with sunscreen.
Besides, you may expect visible results immediately after the treatment depending on your skin condition.
The gushing popularity of microdermabrasion gave way to at-home kits and machines. This has increased the availability of these devices and has enhanced their quality and effectiveness.
You can achieve great results with at-home microdermabrasion kits without even leaving your home. They can be used for targeting multiple different skin problems which make them even more cost-effective.