Wondering How to use facial steamer at home? Don’t. Check out this Guide
Whenever I boil water to cook some pasta- the only thing I can cook, I always tend to peep at the pot and let the steam drench my face with a warm dewy mist! How satisfying…isn’t it?
Face steaming is one such easy method that cleanses and nourishes your skin, rendering it smooth and lustrous. It is super safe as it only uses evaporated water to perform wonders to your skin. My favorite thing about face steaming is that you can do it very conveniently at home. Isn’t that productive!
Want to step up your skin-care game without breaking the bank? It’s steam time! Sit back, relax and keep reading as I am gonna teach you how to use facial steamer at home!
Here’s how to use facial steamer at home
You can enjoy this versatile at-home skin-care treatment in a number of ways. Hop in for a few!
- You must read the steamer’s instruction manual thoroughly.
- Fill it up with water as directed.
- It might take a few minutes to emit steam.
- Meanwhile, cleanse your face and secure your hair.
- Get comfortable and set your face in front of the steamer. Make sure to stay 5 to 10 inches away or as directed by the manual.
- Do not steam for more than 2 to 3 minutes at a time. Take a 1-minute break between successive sessions to determine how your skin is handling the steam.
Looking for the best facial steamer? Get a great deal on Mello Facial Steamer which is also reviewed as the best facial steamer for blackheads.
That was how to use facial steamer at home. Besides, there are other non-gadget based methods too
Steaming over a bowl
This is the most popular way of face-steaming at home.
- Boil 4 to 6 cups of water depending on the size of your bowl.
- Add some essential oils and herbs as the water begins to boil.
- Reduce the flame and cover it with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the water in the bowl. Use sheets or newspapers below to avoid a spill.
- Drape a towel over your head, covering the bowl entirely and hold your face about 6 inches above the water. You must cleanse your face
- You may raise or lower your head for more and less heat respectively. If needed, you can lift the corner of the towel to cool off.
- Steam your face from 5-10 minutes preferably.
Steaming over a sink of hot water
This face steaming is similar to the bowl steaming. It provides a wider steaming-area to your face. To carry out this procedure, follow the same steps that are mentioned above.
Steaming with warm towels
This method of face steaming is very effective as the steam-rich warm towel actually touches your face. This ensures maximum steam utilization by the skin and fetches instant results. However, you must monitor the heat or may end up burning your face. Careful!
- Grab a hand-towel and soak it in hot water.
- By the time the towel absorbs adequate heat, cleanse your face with a mild cleanser.
- Carefully squeeze out excess hot water from the towel.
- Lie down or lean back in your comfy chair and place the towel on your face.
- Hold each corner of the towel upwards so that they cover your forehead well.
- You must cover the entire face including eyes for best results. You may exclude the nose to peek in.
- Relax for about 5 minutes.
What does steaming do to your skin?
Now that you know how to use facial steamer at home, you must know what it actually does. Before undertaking any skin-care procedure, it is important to know it’s effects on your skin. Wondering about the benefits of face steaming? Stay tuned!
Cleansing: Face steaming opens up your pores and loosens the dirt build-up. Opened pores soften blackheads and facilitate their easy removal.
Improves blood circulation: Warm steam increases the perspiration rate of your skin. This dilates blood vessels thereby increases circulation. This blood boost nourishes your skin and oxidizes it. That’s what is needed for a healthy glow!
Eliminates acne-causing bacteria: Opened pores release bacteria, impurities, and dead skin cells that otherwise clog your pores and make your skin acne-prone.
Releases Sebum: Sebaceous glands produce oil for skin and hair lubrication. When this sebum gets trapped in your skin, it promotes bacterial breeding which is the main cause of acne and blackheads. Steaming releases the trapped sebum rendering your skin clean and healthy.
Hydrates skin: A good skin means hydrated skin! Steaming hydrates your skin by increasing oil production and naturally moisturizes your face.
Enhances skin’s absorbing power: If you steam your face at prescribed regular intervals, the skin’s absorbing power will enhance. This means any skin-care product that you apply will sink in completely.
Cost-effective: You do not require big bucks for a steam facial or spa. Even the at-home kits are available at reasonable prices.
Benefits of face steaming at home
The solution for how to use facial steamer at home becomes more exciting because steaming at home has added benefits:
- Highly affordable
- Saves time and energy
- Very convenient as you carry it out at the comfort of your humble abode
- Increases the utility and value of the kit as it can be used numerous times
- Involves least resources
- Only you exclusively enjoy its perks of a face steaming kit rather than salons where it is used for several people.
What to do after steaming face?
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water. Do not rub or wipe with a towel as immediately after your skin is sensitive.
- Moisturize your face with a mild lotion or beauty oil.
- Massage your face gently with your fingers. This is the best way to end a steaming session.
How often? How long? How hot?
Keep in mind that the procedure that will tell you how to use facial steamer at home must be in accordance with these three H’s. Steam is capable of burning your face worse than boiling water.
How often to steam face? You must ideally face steam once a week. Keep 5- 10 min gaps between each session.
How long? Each session should not last for more than 2-3 minutes
How hot? Use warm water not boiling water. Avoid putting your face too close to the steam to lower the burning risks.
The bottom line
Steaming promotes healthy skin. If you read the facial steamer reviews on the internet, they massively flaunt its countless benefits. It is an excellent skin-care method that provides relaxation equivalent to a spa too at nominal expenditure! Now, how satisfying is that!
One steaming a week can keep your skin at its peak! Fascinated by my rhyming skills eh?
Now that you have made up your mind to steam, time for some social work. So what are you waiting for! Go teach your friends how to use facial steamer at home!