Why LED Light Therapy Is The A-Listers Not So Secret Weapon
LED light therapy is a painless, relaxing, non-invasive skin-care treatment that has multiple benefits—particularly stimulating collagen and treating mild to moderate acne.
LED treatments work by using an array of bright light-emitting diodes (originally developed by NASA!) that send low-level light energy into the deeper layers of the skin. Red light LED stimulates cellular activity, including the fibroblasts that produce collagen, which gives young skin its plump look. That helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles, treat sun-damage and stretch marks, and reduce redness after more aggressive IPL or laser treatments. The results won’t be as dramatic as plastic surgery, IPL, or laser, but it’s a gentler, more natural, less expensive way to go.
What are the main benefits of LED therapy?
1) Be glowing and runway ready. When skin bacteria (Propionibacterium acnes) are trapped in the sebaceous duct, the skin swells causing red spots, blisters, and eventually nodules and cysts. P. acne can be destroyed by LED light . Application to the skin of patients with mild to moderate acne also improves the wounds so you can heal preexisting scars and prevent breakouts before they can even happen, putting your best skin forward for that healthy, natural glow.
2) Natural, no chemicals, heal the skin with light from the inside. LED light therapy reduces and prevents the build-up of fluids which can cause edema, therefore reducing pain associated with swelling and can even enhance the healing mechanisms. What this means for us ladies is… you can heal your body in the most pain-free way.
3) LED is the only aesthetic device that has no contra-indications of any kind. It is good for all skin types, colours and conditions. It is safe for the eyes and it cannot be overused. That said, it is always prudent to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and to check with the manufacture if you are desiring to use the device in a manner not covered in the instructions.
4) Even celebrities like Jessica Alba and Chrissy Teigen are all up for LED Light Therapy, so why shouldn’t you? LED light therapy might be the “it” thing in Hollywood right now, but it’s crazed for a reason. Famous celebrities like Jessica Alba and Chrissy Teigen have been raving about their recent LED mask experience, and they have been happy with the results thus far. Apart from aiding the collagen production and healing acne scars, these light therapy masks are nothing but heaven sent for the skin.
Overall, LED light therapy is great because…
- Promotes wound healing and tissue repair
- Help mend sun damage and hyper-pigmentation
- Clears out acne scarring
- Improves skin texture and builds collagen
View this post on Instagram