How To: Cure Your Tired Puffy Eyes With These!
Do you feel old and tired because of your eyes? It is really hard to feel fresh and alert when your eyes are tired and droopy, because of those annoying bags under them. They are a sign of stress and fatigue.
With aging, eye puffiness can be caused in part when fatty tissue that ordinarily protects the eye inside the bony eye socket begins to push forward and fill in spaces below the eye.
This happens because aging processes cause thinning of the membrane or “septum” that ordinarily holds back fat in both the upper and lower eyelids. As the membrane thins, the fat herniates and pushes forward. This is when bags or bulges start forming under the eye.
Here are some tips to get rid of your puffy eyes:
- Cucumber relief: Cucumbers are a fantastic natural remedy to get rid of under eye puffiness. Take 2 slices of fresh refrigerated cucumber and place it on your eyes for 25 minutes. Relax with the cool soothing slices over your eyes and slip into a short nap, it will help refresh your mind as well as your eyes, and the anti-inflammatory properties of the cool cucumber will naturally help reduce puffy tissues.
- Rose water: Rose is naturally soothing. We love it so much we use it in a lot of our products. For puffy eyes, soak two cotton balls in the rose water, then wrap them in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes or so, until chilled. Then remove the plastic and place the cotton balls over your eyes for 5-10 minutes. You can also simply dip two cotton balls in chilled rose water.
- Raw potato slices: Try using sliced potatoes in place of cucumbers. They stay cool longer and contain an astringent that helps remove the water from under the eyes. You can also make a finely ground potato poultice by grating raw potato and placing it in a few layers of cheesecloth. Lay over the eyes and reap the benefits.
- Green or black tea: Tea bags are another popular home remedy. Green and black teas contain caffeine which constrict the tiny blood vessels in the skin around the eyes. Caffeinated tea also contains tannins which stimulate blood circulation. To make it work, place two tea bags in a mug of hot water. Remove and let the tea bags cool to room temperature and place on eyes for 15-30 minutes. Doing this once or twice a week can help tighten the skin under the eyes, as well as provide soothing benefits.
- LED Face Mask: LED Light Face Masks is 100% natural, chemical-free and drug-free medium to combat signs of aging. Unlike chemical solutions or toners that you apply on your skin, the natural red light used in the LED lamp penetrates the skin to activate cellular activity. You do not have to let your skin seep all those chemicals that in the long run, can be toxic for you. Reduces the look of wrinkles and signs of age, moisturizes, and evens the eye contour, firming the appearance of skin and creating more youthful looking eyes.